Today we announce our General Election manifesto which aims to create a fairer and equal society for all. It will also provide aspiration for the people of Bolsover and North East Derbyshire on a number of key issues:
- £6bn to be invested in the NHS – more than any other party are willing to commit to in real terms. The Lib Dems are the party to save our NHS.
- £7bn to go into our schools; reversing the damaging cuts by the Conservatives.
- £300mn per year for our Police service.
- Legalising and regulated Cannabis market – the market can be taxed and funds invested in essential public services to treat it as a health issue; rather than burying our head in the sand and pretending that it is not happening.
- Ban on fracking in England & Wales. – Protecting our environment and investing in a renewable energy future that can create jobs and apprenticeships.
- Standing up to the conservatives to make sure the people and the businesses in North East Derbyshire and Bolsover get a good deal out of the brexit negotiations. The Tories will win a landslide; so let’s make sure we have a local MP who will not hang our constituencies out to dry.
- We need to urgently tackle the housing crisis that means many young people like me are unable to get onto the housing ladder. The Liberal Democrats are committed to building 10 new garden cities in the UK and pushing forward plans to build 300,000 per year.
With this manifesto I believe we can change Britain’s future for the better and the wonderful people of Bolsover and North East Derbyshire deserve better than being taken for granted.
Our full manifesto is available to read here.
If you would like to join the Liberal Democrats in shaping the future of our country, you can join here.